Client: United Nations Development Program (UNDP)
Objectives: The objectives are to provide technical assistance generating inputs for the IPPU and Waste sectors, and advising to the Energy sector, within the framework of the process of updating the NDC of Honduras, analysing the impact on ambition and mitigation potential.
Services provided by Kairos Climate Impulse:
- Review and update of the National GHG Inventory.
- Support and monitor the reviews for updating the Energy, IPPU and Waste sectors, define and prioritise actions for improvement.
- Prepare and validate with key stakeholders the projections of the Waste and IPPU sectors, including the analysis of the mitigation impact to 2030.
- Support and monitor the review of the Energy sector, considering the results of the Climate Action Enhancement Package (CAEP) project in Honduras.
- Support the validation of the projections of the agricultural sector, including the validation of measures and the analysis of the mitigation impact to 2030.
- Support the review of the Agriculture sector, considering the results of the national mitigation specialist and with the accompaniment of the leading consultant.
- Develop the drafting proposal for the inclusion of texts for the Energy, IPPU, Agriculture and Waste sectors in the baseline report and the updated NDC of Honduras for submission to the UNFCCC.