Project: Technical guidance and support to conduct a technology needs assessment and a technology action plan for Paraguay
Client: OIKO / CTCN
Objectives: The overall objective of this consultancy is to provide technical assistance to Paraguay to enable the development of a comprehensive Technology Needs Assessment (TNA) and action plan (TAP). The technical assistance will, following strategic documents and the prioritization of vulnerable sectors, conducting a categorization and prioritization of the required technologies that will comply with the Paraguayan NDC and other strategies
Kairos will provide, under the leadership of OIKO, technical support and collaboration in the following activities of the TA (Technical Assistance) to Paraguay.
- Give advice and recommendations on the pre-selection of sub-sectors for the fulfilment of Paraguay’s TNA
- Support the team with the technology needs assessment, in the prioritization, analysis and validation of key technologies for the fulfillment of Paraguay’s TNA, especially for the IPPU, Waste, Energy and Low Carbon Resilience Sector. Once a list of technology options is complete, validate and determine with the team the cost of the technologies. Define the environmental cost (level of emissions) and the financial cost.
- Support and give inputs for the development of a Technology Action Plan per sector (4) and /or sub sector, especially for the IPPU, Waste, Energy and Low Carbon Resilience
- Support the selection and give suggestions of relevant project ideas within the TAP with recommendations, to be then transformed into concept notes, during the national consultation workshop preparation
- Support the preparation of policy briefs and market-use cases for the selected technologies, during the implementation of the Technology Action Plan with communications, guidance, and training. Support and give technical advice and inputs to the team
- Preparation of concept notes for the priority sectors for submission to the GCF