Project: Increasing the ambition of the Nationally Determined Contributions and climate financing in the Central América.
Objectives: The main objective of this consultancy is to provide technical support to the countries (El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Guatemala, and the Dominican Republic), providing technical support to continue moving forward with their climate change commitments.
Services/tasks performed, among others:
- Elaborate inputs and recommendations for the proper execution of the project.
- Ensure coordination with relevant national institutions and government agencies to guarantee that project activities are distinct and fully complementary to other national initiatives
- Organize the logistics and content of the national workshops, with special attention to the inputs related with NDC decisions of climate change negotiations, NDC updating and implementation experience in the region, and technical guidance, considering the final objective of the workshop
- Address the needs of national authorities and provide technical advice on NDCs when required, ensuring their active involvement in the proposals submitted.
- Observe national interests and priorities in the formulation of proposals, studies and conclusions developed.
- Encourage the participation and exchange of experiences and knowledge of government authorities, promoting leadership on issues in which they have progress.