Project: Diagnosis of the Industrial Processes and Use of Products (IPPU) sector contributions under the Nationally Determined Contributions context, as part of the Climate Promise project of UNDP in Paraguay.
Client: MADES / United Nations Development Program (UNDP)
Objectives: The main objective of this consultancy is to provide technical support to the National Directorate of Climate Change of Paraguay in the diagnosis process of the IPPU sector, analyzing the activities already implemented by the sector and identifying which have the potential to be implemented, everything considering the correlation to the adaptation co-benefits that they may have.
- Review the consistency with the national GHG emissions inventory and mitigation activities reported to the UNFCCC.
- Review the supplies to be provided, based on the NDC update process.
- Review local and regional experiences on the implementation of mitigation activities for the IPPU sector.
- Propose new mitigation measures based on the diagnosis made.
- Take into consideration the requirements for MRV under the Enhanced Transparency Framework of the Paris Agreement.
- Identify barriers to the implementation of the proposed activities.
- Develop a roadmap to determine the implementing feasibility of the proposed activities.
- Facilitate the management and organization of the workshops to be developed.