Project: Greenhouse Gas Inventory, Mitigation Assessment and Measuring, Reporting and Verification system in the context of the preparation of the First Biennial Update Report (BUR-1) of Mauritius.
Client: United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) – BEA International
- Development of Greenhouse Gas Inventory, Mitigation Assessment, and Measuring, Reporting and Verification system for the different sectors for the period 2014 – 2016;
- Review and update 2000 – 2013 GHG Inventories for the different sectors, based on 2006 IPCC Guidelines and making use of the IPCC software; and
- Delivery of appropriate inputs for the different sectors for the preparation of the:
- National Inventory Report (NIR);
- Chapters of the Biennial Update Report:
- National Greenhouse Gas Inventory;
- Mitigation Assessment;
- Domestic Measurement, Reporting and Verification; and
- Constraints and Gaps and related financial, technical, and capacity needs, including support needed and received; and Information on level of support received to enable preparation and submission of BUR-1.
Services provided by Kairos Climate Impulse:
- Technical coordination
- Technical lead of the Energy, IPPU, and Waste sectors
- Support to AFOLU sector
- Capacity building of local stakeholders on GHG emissions methodologies (2006 IPCC Guidelines), IPCC Software, Inventory cycle and MRV systems (GHG inventories, Mitigation and Support).